The PlayStation error code E-8210604Aoccurs when there are problems with a payment method. This issue is most common when users have just updated an expired debit card and can prevent them from purchasing their PS Plus or PS Now subscription.
So if you're encountering error code E-8210604A on your PlayStation, you're not alone. This is common for many users but can be frustrating.
In this article, we will walk you through the steps to fix error code E-8210604A on your PlayStation.
PS4 Error Code E-8210604A - Explained and Fixed
The PlayStation 4 is a great video game system. You can play games, watch movies, watch TV shows and listen to music. When trying to connect to PlayStation servers, for example to make a purchase from PlayStation Store, you may receive an error code that says "An error has occurred. (E-8210604A)”.
This error can be caused by a number of factors including internet issues, user accounts, PS Store outages and device issues. The main reason why this error can appear is when your console cannot connect to the PlayStation Store.
What Causes Error Code E-8210604A?
many usersTry buying a PS Now or PS Plus subscriptionPlayStation error code E-8210604A.
There are a few reasons that can cause error code E-8210604A:
- An issue with your payment method (credit or debit card, PayPal account, etc.)
- You have outdated account details in your personal account
- Temporary data related to the network
- Unstable network connection
- Temporary pause in PS Store
- Your PS Store profile or PSN account is corrupted
The most common reason for this error is a problem with your internet connection. If your internet isn't working properly or there is a problem with the PlayStation servers, you may be getting this error code.
This error can also appear if there are problems with your account. If you have a problem with your account, e.g. For example, an expired credit card, you may also see this error code.
If you have multiple user accounts on your PlayStation, each account may have a different issue that causes error code E-8210604A. Try signing in with a different account to see if that fixes the issue.
It's also possible that the PlayStation Store is down or under maintenance. In this case you will have to wait for the shop to work again before attempting to make a purchase.
Error E-8210604A on PS4 or PS5? Here's the solution!
Usually theErrorE-8210604AIt can be fixed by simply waiting a day or two and trying again. However, those looking to get a sub as soon as possible can try a few more proactive solutions.
For example, if you keep getting the same error code, your console may have an internal problem that you may need to troubleshoot.
It could also be possible that the problem is related to your network. So before you do anything, make sure the PlayStation Network is active. If the servers are having problems when trying to play, this can cause error code E-8210604A to appear.
Here are some things to try if you encounter error code E-8210604A on your PlayStation:
- Sign out of PlayStation Network. Sometimes you can fix the problem simply by signing out of your PlayStation account and signing back in.
- Change the email address associated with your PlayStation profile.
- Add funds to your wallet before making a purchase.
- Try a different payment method like PayPal.
- Make sure you have internet access.
- Buy a prepaid PSN card.
- Delete temporary system files from PlayStation.
- Reset or restart your router to clear cached data related to the network.
First, try restarting your PlayStation. If that doesn't work, try deleting and re-downloading the game or app that is causing the error.
Next you need to check your internet connection. If you're using a Wi-Fi connection, try moving your PlayStation console closer to the router or connecting to a different Wi-Fi network. If you're using an Ethernet cable, make sure it's securely connected and try a different port on the back of the console.
If you still get the PlayStation error code, there may be an issue with your PlayStation Network account or you may have a PlayStation error with your console. Read on to see what you can do to fix the problem.
How to Fix Error Code E-8210604A on PlayStation
Error code E-8210604A on your PlayStation is no fun, but we have some quick fixes to fix it in record time. Here are several ways to fix annoying E-8210604A error message that keeps popping up in games or while navigating menus, all without any technical knowledge!
Method 1. Check if E-8210604A error occurred during payment.
if it's an epayment error, check your account:
You can review or edit your credit/debit card information atIdeas>Account Management>Account Information>wallet:
- Check the credit/debit information registered in your account.
- Register your credit/debit card again.
- Try a different credit/debit card.
- This can be a temporary problem. Please try again after a while.
- If a credit/debit card is not required, you can top up your wallet with a PlayStation®Store card.
Please note that if you register or delete your card information multiple times within a short period of time, you may not be able to add payment information. If yes, please try again later.
Method 2. Sign out of PlayStation Network
The first thing to try is signing out of the PlayStation Network. This will fix most of the account-related issues that could be causing error code E-8210604A. To sign out of your PSN account:
- From the main window on your PlayStation console, go toIdeasMenu.
- Select the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen (settings icon).
- Scroll down the list of options in the Settings menu until you find itUsers and AccountsPossibility.
- ChooseOthersfrom the options list. open thatRote Playstationpage and log out of your account.
- After confirming the process, return to the login screen you just saw. To see if the issue is resolved, try purchasing the PS+ subscription again.
Method 3. Change the email address of your PlayStation account
If signing out of your PSN account didn't work, try changing the email address associated with your PlayStation profile. This will usually fix any account-related issues that could be causing error code E-8210604A.
To change your PlayStation profile email address:
- Use any web browser to access SonyAccount Managementbook page. If you have 2-Step Verification enabled, you'll need to enter the verification code.
- ChooseSecurityfrom the left sidebar.
- Go to the menu on the right side of the screen and selectRegister your identification number. Select from the drop down menuEdit (email address).
- In the new window, enter your new email address, such as a Gmail (Gmail) or Yahoo Mail address. Double check that the email address you entered is correct, then clickSave on computer.
- Your email account will receive an email asking you to verify your sign-in ID. Go to your inbox, find the email and click on theCheck nowTaste.
- Return to your PlayStation console and sign in with your new email address. Try the purchase again to see if error E-8210604A has been resolved.
Method 4. Fund your PSN account before making a purchase
If you're trying to make a purchase but still getting error code E-8210604A, it's possible that you don't have enough funds in your PlayStation Network wallet.
You must add more funds to your wallet before making a purchase. To add money to your PSN account:
- Access using any browser on your PC or Mac computerTienda PlayStationbook page.
- By clicking theRegistrationSign in with the same account which is causing the error code on your console.
- Click on thatAccounticon in the top right corner of the screen. Here you can access the account management.
- Choosepayment managementfrom the context menu that just appeared.
- go right and clickadd moneyafter setting up a payment method. Select a funding source:
- Redeem a code, prepaid card or digital card
- Using a different credit or debit card
- Follow the on-screen instructions on the checkout page. When redeeming codes, make sure they've never been used before!
Once the funds have been successfully uploaded to your PSN account, please repeat the purchase to verify that the E-8210604A has indeed been bypassed.
Method 5. Delete your current payment method
If you still get error code E-8210604A, try removing your current payment method and adding a different one. This will fix any payment-related issues that could be causing the error code.
For example, if you added an expired debit card to your profile, remove it and add a new payment method. It's also possible that your bank issuer has blocked your card, preventing you from making the purchase.
If your card hasn't expired yet, you can add the same card again and try using it again. To remove your current payment method:
- Go to on a PC or Mac computerTienda PlayStationPage, Sony's online store.
- By clicking theRegistrationoption on your console, log in with the same account and enter the error code.
- Click on your account icon in the top right corner of the screen. Choosepayment managementfrom the context menu that just appeared.
- If you have multiple debit cards or credit cards, check which one is currently activepayment methodHeader.
- Select the debit card or credit card with "Standard” written under the last digits of the numeric value by clicking on the arrow nearby.
- Click the Remove button on theCredit/Debit Card DetailsScreen.
- Becomespayment settingsand click theAdd payment methodafter removing the card.
- Follow the on-screen steps to add the same card that caused the error above.
Once a payment method has been linked back to your account, try purchasing a PS+ subscription to see if that resolves the issue.
Method 6. Use PayPal to make a purchase
If you're still having trouble making a purchase, try PayPal as a payment method. This usually fixes any payment-related issues that could be causing error code E-8210604A.
To use PayPal to make a purchase:
- Go to on a PC or MacSony entertainment networkbook page. Sign in with the same account you're having trouble with.
- Choosepayment methodfrom the menu on the left side of the screen (on Playstation Network).
- Go to the right side and selectAdd payment methodto add a payment system.
- ChoosePaypaland follow the on-screen instructions to successfully connect your Paypal account to PSN.
- Ve a laRegistrationPage in a new tab in your browser. Enter your PayPal account details.
- To check your PayPal balance, go to the link and click on it. Go to Paypal balance page and selectlink a mapin the drop-down menu to link a card.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add a credit card to Paypal.
- After linking a PayPal account to your PlayStation account, try retrying the transaction that caused error E-8210604A.
- Select PayPal when you get to the page where you select your payment method. The process should complete successfully without the same error code.
Method 7. Reboot your internet router
If you still get error code E-8210604A, there may be a problem with your network connection. Try restarting your router to clear any cached data that might be causing the issue. To reset your router:
- Find thempower switchon your router and turn off the device.
- wait a few minutes We recommend waiting three to five minutes to allow the router and network to gracefully shut down.
- Turn your router back on.
Please read on if you still see error code E-8210604A after restarting your computer and router. We'll help you try other solutions!
Method 8. Restart your internet router
If restarting your router didn't work, you may need to restart your router. This will clear all cached data and fix any network-related issues that are causing error code E-8210604A. To reset your router:
- IsReset-KnopfIt's usually located on the back of the router, where it can be identified by two red dots. It is possible to reboot the router after finding the reset button.
- When you notice it, hold it down until all the headlights start flashing at the same time.
- In order to reactivate your Internet, you may need to enter your PPPoE credentials provided by your ISP.
- Please wait until the internet is restored to complete your PS+ membership purchase.
That's all; How to Fix PlayStation Error Code E-8210604A. We hope that publishing this article has helped you to fix error code E-8210604A on your PlayStation.
Now we want to give it back to you.
If you have unanswered questions or issues that have not been addressed, please feel free to contact our team of experts for assistance.
Follow ours tooThe blogjhelp centerfor more great articles like this one! You will get a lot of information on how to fix various problems. You can subscribe to our news and get early access to our blog posts, promotions and discount codes.
»How to optimize Windows 10 for gaming»How to enable FX networks on your streaming device»How to fix Disney Plus error code 73
Don't hesitateto reachwith questions or requests that you would like us to deal with.