Don Pedro Brooklyn is supported by readers. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.Learn more
Modern kitchens are equipped with a backsplash that performs multiple functions. The main function of the splashback is to create a moisture-free space as the splashback creates a barrier for the wall against splashing waterwithin. Not only is it important, but it also adds unique value to the kitchen.
Choosing the right backsplash can transform your kitchen from nothing to basically anything. The uniqueness of certain backsplash patterns can also change the atmosphere in the kitchen. For example, the stone backsplash creates a natural effect while the metal backsplash can create an industrial effect.
Another material is stainless steel. It has been used as the base for many different kitchen appliances such as refrigerators, ovens, etc. We gave you 4 good reasons why stainless steel splash guards are better than other materials. We will see!
- 1 4 reasons to use stainless steel splash guards
- 1.1 1. Affordable
- 1.2 2. Durable and long lasting
- 1.3 3. Installation manageable
- 1.4 4. Visible Points
- 2 pros and cons of stainless steel backsplash
- 2.1 The professionals
- 2.2 The disadvantages
- 3 9 Interesting Stainless Steel Backsplash Ideas
- 3.1 1. Diamond upstand
- 3.2 2. Tile mirror
- 3.3 3. Brushed steel upstand
- 3.4 4. Single pattern upstand
- 3.5 5. Combination back panel made of stainless steel
- 3.6 6. Transparent splash guard
- 3.7 7. Mediterranean Mosaic Dashboard
- 3.8 8. Vintage pattern backsplash
- 3.9 9. Masculine style backsplash
4 reasons to use stainless steel backsplash
There are at least 4 reasons why you should choose a stainless steel splash guard. Here is the list:
Stainless steel has that sleek, modern look that everyone is looking for. Sometimes its futuristic looks make people think it's expensive. In fact, stainless steel backsplash is cheaper compared to stone backsplash.
2. Durable and long lasting
This material is suitable for those who like durable products. Its ability to reduce the risk of mold makes it more durable. Apart from that, its metallic appearance is interesting to look at.
3. Manageable installation
Sometimes we need extra money to hire a specialist to install the splash guard. In reality, stainless steel is a lightweight material that is easy to install.
You don't need the hand of a specialist, because you do it yourself. This allows you to save costs so that the money can be used for other purposes.
4. Visible Points
Not only does its clear surface help you find dirt stains easily, but this material also provides a surface that stains won't stick to. Stains will disappear with a simple cloth and warm water. Another option is to clean the surface with baking soda or vinegar.
Stainless steel backsplash pros and cons
After learning the reasons why you should buy a stainless steel splash guard, you should also understand why people love them and why they choose other materials. Here are the pros and cons:
- The stainless steel splashback is practical and economical for several reasons: (1) it's easy to clean, (2) it's heat and water resistant so it can't be damaged by temperature or splashing water from the sink, (3) it lasts a long time since no repolishing is required, and (4) it is hygienic enough to prevent the spread of bacteria through dirty cookware.
- The stainless steel backsplash has a modern look. Today, most American families prefer stainless steel splash guards and other appliances like refrigerators and ovens to other materials. They mostly fall in love with the updated look of stainless steel backsplashes.
- The stainless steel splash guard absorbs and reflects light. This makes the area around you appear larger than it really is. Not only does this effect create that illusion, but it gives the entire kitchen a high-end vibe. With a stainless steel backsplash, the space becomes luxurious.
- Although it is easy to clean, any stains that appear must be removed immediately, especially if the stains come from tomatoes or lemons, which are a type of acidic food. If left longer, stains would damage the splash guard fairly quickly. Such damage can also be caused by using the wrong cleaning products, so caution is advised.
- Although the stainless steel backsplash is durable. Its durability must be backed by a strong and sturdy support. If it's not strong enough, the backsplash can get dented and then get loud, which you don't want, right?
- Despite its regal looks, a stainless steel backsplash can look cold and perhaps stark when paired with the wrong style of furniture. This effect is due to the nature of stainless steel, which cools over time as it is used.
9 interesting stainless steel backsplash ideas
If you agree with the above pros, we bring you 9 brilliant stainless steel backsplash ideas that will magically transform your boring kitchen into a sleek and modern one.
If you believe the cons above, check out this list to see why you're wrong. Have a look!
1. Diamond Shaped Backsplash
This idea is suitable for those who want a stylish and modern kitchen. The avant-garde style of this design fascinates.
As you can see the reflection of the lights on the backsplash is gorgeous. This isn't just a backsplash; it looks like an art. Such an appearance pleases the eyes of the owners and enhances the space.
2. Tile mirror
This design is very unique and the uniqueness lies in its cutting style. The shape of the tiles is simple, but looks modern. The transparent surface of this stainless steel backsplash is specular. Such an effect creates the illusion that the room seems larger.
Also, you can adjust the size of these backsplash tiles: the bigger the room; the larger the tiles. Conversely, a smaller kitchen space would pair perfectly with a smaller stainless steel backsplash.
3. Brushed steel backsplash
This particular idea allows you to use a single stainless steel cutout to cover your backsplash area from top to bottom. This design gives you a sleek, clean-cut backsplash that looks extremely modern and up-to-date.
It also looks hygienic. Apart from that, this design will help you easily spot smudges or fingerprints. Once you find them, clean them up right away!
4. Backsplash with unique pattern
The metallic look of the stainless steel backsplash is amazing. If you look at this picture, you will agree that it looks almost satisfactory.
The design of the tiles is different. It shows simplicity within a very complex pattern.
However, for some homeowners, this pattern is quite annoying as it is neither elegant nor clean cut. To avoid such problems, you can lengthen the backsplash upwards.
5. Stainless Steel Combo Backsplash
For some homeowners, the color of the stainless steel backsplash is unappealing because it is only one color. This is an easy problem to solve!
By combining stainless steel with another or possibly other metal(s), you not only create a classy look, but also risk trying new possibilities.
FYI, other types of metals you can choose from are tin, brass, chrome, etc.
6. Sheer Backsplash
The most important thing in the kitchen is cleanliness. Since the room is used to cook, prepare or process our food, it needs to be the most hygienic area in the house, so combine your inner cleanliness with this tidy design.
From a distance, the stainless steel splash guard looks like an almost invisible mirror. This look is perfect for those who value a clean style as this look is often referred to as a modern and current style.
7. Mediterranean Mosaic Backsplash
The most important characteristic for a centerpiece remains in the assortment. Develop centerpieces by changing the pattern or color design of your products, either by angling tiles or by mixing and matching complementary colors.
And if you're on a budget, spend big on that oven wall and use a cheaper product for everything else.
- rustic kitchen cabinets
- blue kitchen cabinets
- gray kitchen cabinets
8. Vintage pattern backsplash
Maybe the small textured stainless steel backsplash is too strong for your taste and then this idea is specially made for your preference.
These are vintage backsplash mosaics because they have a large square cut that looks almost silver rather than the familiar smooth stainless steel look.
Additionally, the wood cabinets and brown granite countertop support the vintage value of the tiles. That is why this idea is highly recommended for those who prefer the traditional style over the modern.
9. Masculine style backsplash
This idea is suitable for men who love to cook. Claim your territory by remodeling the entire kitchen area with masculine design and style. The L-shaped kitchen design reflects men's simple style.
The masculine style is also reflected in the black and white color combination.
In this image, the stainless steel splash guard appears in its natural color, metallic white. Color is perfectly balanced by all black cabinetry and the black kitchen bar and island, while the bar exterior is finished in a distinctive metallic white.